Wednesday, April 25, 2012

When "Identity Theft" is a Good Thing...

I believe I have mentioned that I love dancing, especially when there is live music. So, when I actually get the pleasure of experiencing this at one of my events, it is even better. These world collided for me in February at the T&P Building at the Wedding Reception of Chris and Mandi (blog article to come soon) with the band, "Identity Theft."

Identity Theft is a Dallas Cover Band that is quickly becoming one of the most sought after entertainment acts in the North Texas event industry. Their musical range and their sound coupled with their age makes them the perfect band for most twenty-something (and beyond) weddings.  They know the music that will make the guests want to listen and dance the night away.

I must put a special "shout-out" to Ashley Austin, whose lead vocals are amazing. And, we all love her sense of "shoe-style."

Jared, band member and manager, was kind enough to give us a brief interview and let us see a little inside the heart of the band.


PasP: Jared, how long has Identity Theft been together?
Jared: We have technically been together since about August of 2009. 

PasP: I know you have worked a lot of weddings during that time, what is your favorite part of the reception?
Jared: We love the last dance set of the night, after all the fancy stuff is out of the way and everyone is ready to let their hair down and dance like Michael Jackson. 

PasP: We love that part too! So then, what was your most memorable event?
Jared: We've had a few memorable experiences, such as playing at American Airlines Center, or having a strange man dressed as Gumby jump on stage with us. There was one wedding that for the Father/Daughter dance, we played a mash up of My Little Girl, Boot Scootin' Boogie, The Way You Look Tonight, Por Una Cabeza, and the Cupid Shuffle. Dad and Bride had a choreographed dance for the whole thing. : )

PasP: Do you have words you live by?
Jared: When I wake up in the morning, I always remember what my mom used to say to me: "You better mow the lawn today or we are giving you back to the gypsies." 


Thanks Jared for sharing with us! We cannot wait to see you at the next gig!

No comments: