Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DJ Ed, Rock their Socks Off!

DJ Ed Petty of LeForce Entertainment has been in the industry entertaining crowds at almost every type of event for years.  He has a style that is all his own, and he is able to take a crowd from passive observers to active dancers with ease.

Ed was first referred to me by the amazing Michelle Peyronet Jones of Peyronet Photography. Michelle loves Ed's work so much, she had hired him to DJ her own wedding.  Michelle raves about not only her wedding, but of the many events they have worked together over the years.

Having seen Ed in action, I now understand why Michelle raves about him.  He is the consummate professional who arrives in plenty of time to be set-up, sound-checked, clothes-changed, and music-started before the first guest arrives. Ed ensures that everything is in place and handles both ceremony and reception music brilliantly.

In addition, we have all see events where the guests are happy just to be chatting and drinking,events where the dance floor remains barren.  However, it is the gifted DJ who can play (and MIX!) the right combination of songs to get the dance floor packed and keep it there until the last song of the night (leaving the guests begging for more). It was great to witness Ed's ability to do just this while combining Country, Classic Rock, and Current Pop hits without using "The Cupid Shuffle" to do the job (not that there is anything wrong with that). :)

Ed was kind enough to answer a few questions for us, here are his answers...


PasP: How long have you been in business?
Ed: I've been a DJ for over 25 years, a wedding DJ/MC for the last 13 years.

PasP: Did you plan to be in the wedding industry or did it just “happen”? 
Ed: In 1999 I was asked by a friend to do their daughter's wedding reception. I had never done a wedding reception, much less any type of mobile DJ event. I just read the crowd and did what comes naturally. I had 6 people come up and ask for a business card. As they say, the rest is history.

PasP: What is your favorite part of the wedding process? 
Ed: The actually event. Seeing everybody having fun, watching a bride's dreams come true. It's an honor and privilege to be a part in their special day!

PasP: What is something that makes you unique in the industry? 
Ed: Some people are great disc jockey's, and some are great master's of ceremonies; the rare ones are those that can do both. And do them effectively. I believe God has blessed me with a talent to read a crowd and play whatever type of music it takes to get them up and going. I have the musical knowledge and skills to mix it up on the one's and two's! I also believe God has blessed me with a voice that people will remember. To captivate and entertain audience's no matter what the occasion.

PasP: What is your most memorable event? 
Ed: That's a tough one, they are all memorable and unique in their own way. But if I had to pick one, it would be one that is next month. My widower father is remarrying on May 12, 2012. He has ask me to not only stand with him in the ceremony but be their Master of Ceremonies & Disc Jockey for the reception.

PasP: What are your words to live by?
Ed: "I did it all with $20 headphones!" LOL!! Just kidding! (Sorry friends, this is an inside joke!).  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Thank you, Ed. We appreciate what you do, and cannot wait to work with you again in the future.  Want more information on Ed, you can also check out his website at DJEdPetty.com

No comments: